- construction paper in different colors(such as green, blue, yellow, orange, pink, beige, purple etc.): this will be the body for the caterpillar.
- pipe cleaner: this will be the antenna; I used red pipe cleaner, but could be in other colors
- white glue
- markers or crayons for drawing the face
1. Cut out the construction paper into circles(about 3 inches in diameter)
2. Making the face of the caterpillar.
(a) Cut the pipe cleaner into 3 inches long.
(b) Make two holes on a circle, and put the pipe cleaner through the holes.
(c) Curl the tip of each end of the pipe cleaner so children will not get hurt.
- Tell the children that they are going to make a caterpillar.
- Pass the face piece to each children and tell the children to draw a face with markers or crayons.
- Children will connect other circles with glue to make the body of the catepillar.
Use cereal box instead of construction paper, and ask the children to cut out the circles themselves, and color the circles with paints.(suitable for children older than 4 years old.)