- milk box(or white construction paper)
- sidewalk chalks(yellow, pink, blue, green)
- colored lightweight paper(for decoration): pink and yellow green
- liquid glue
1. Cut the milk box(or white construction paper) into egg shapes(4 inch by 5 inch).
2. Cut the lightweight colored paper into 0.75 inch circles or triangles, or long wavy lines.
*For older students(5 or older), they may help the teacher to cut the eggs and decorations together.
1. Color the egg(white side up) with colored chalk.
2. Decorate the egg by pasting the circles, triangles or wavy lines.
* I also had some colored gift wrapping tissue paper for decoration, but only two children used them.
A friend of mine gave me some bunny pop up cards which she found at RAFT, so I thought of using them for Easter art project. There was a word "baby" printed on the card, so in order to hide it, I made a paper box and glued on it. Then I made small paper eggs(2" x 2,5") in different colors and placed them all over the classroom. Children searched for the eggs and decorated the box, eggs or the base(the card) with the decorations used in the Easter Egg project as mentioned above. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to photograph students' works, but the children all arranged the materials differently and it was so much fun to watch their artworks.